Choose your challenge |
- Half marathon (21 km/13 miles)
- Full marathon (42 km/26 miles)
- Ultra marathon (60 km/40 miles)
- Ultra walk (60 km/40 miles)
- Mountainbiking (120 km/75 miles)
Fundraising target | €10,000 to support the work of Open Doors.
Project cost | € 1.150,- excluding airline tickets to and from Amman.
Language | This international Muskathlon is organised by 4M Netherlands in cooperation with Open Doors Netherlands. There will be English translation for all international pariticipants.
Deadline sign up | May 31, 2018.
Ja, ich bin eine gute Spur nervös. Charakterwochenende ist das eine. Davon habe ich schon mehrere erlebt, sowohl als Teilnehmer als auch als Mitarbeiter. Hab geschwitzt, hab Jesus erlebt, hab Bruderschaft erlebt. Aber das hier, dieser Muskathlon, das ist mehr als eine einfache Reise. Es ist eine geistliche Herausforderung besonderer Größenordnung. Es ist das vermutlich spannendste, was ich je erlebt habe.More stories...
If you're looking for a challenge and want to make a real difference for the persecuted church, then the Muskathlon is for you! See Open Doors work in action, meet Syrian refugee children and their families like the ones that your fundraising will support.
The funds raised for this Muskathlon will support Christian refugees fleeing extreme persecution in countries like Syria and Iraq. These refugees include people who have had to flee their home and are displaced in their own country.
The Muskathlon is an ultimate endurance event at an extreme location, in order to raise maximum funds to fight injustice. The Jordan Muskathlon will take place October 6 - 13, 2017. 4M organises this Muskathlon in partnership with Open Doors, supporting the persecuted church in the Middle East.
The story behind this Muskathlon
Christians in Iraq and Syria are at the brink of extermination. In the areas controlled by Islamitic State and different terrorist factions, Christians have to fear for their lives. Hundreds of thousands of Christians have fled their homes, and often their countries. During their forced flight they could take none of their belongings, except for the clothes they were wearing. Their traumatic experiences are forever edged in their memories. In Jordan refugees have taken shelter. They feel unwanted and deserted. During the Muskathlon we will step into their misery, to offer help, to encourage and to support the local church.
During your Muskathlon you will meet persecuted Christians and different refugees. You will speak to pastors from Syria, Christiands from Iraq and offer help in the refugee camps, together with the Lebanese church. Discover the impact of this crisis for the church in the Middle East and let them know that they are not alone in their struggle. During the program you will be exposed to the raw reality of persecution. IS violence, among others, has decimated the church.
The Middle East is known for its rugged terrain and heat. The track leads partly over dirt roads through the mountainous area and partly over main roads.
The Muskathlon Week
The week program will look like the following (adjustments can be made)
Monday: arrival, teammeeting, inspirational session
Tuesday: first training, visit of a refugee camp, meeting with persecuted Christians, inspirational session
Wednesday: funday full of sports and adventure for children from refugee camps, training, inspirational session
Thursday: day of rest and travel to start, inspirational session
Friday: Muskathlon Event and celebration
Saturday: closing inspirational session and departure
The costs of this Muskathlon will be 1.150 euro not including airfare.
The Muskathlon fee includes:
- Info sessions (if available in your country)
- Coaching in raising funds and training for your Muskathlon
- Hotelaccomodations, logistics and food during the Muskathlon week
- Inspirational sessions for personal development
- Exposure to the work of Open Doors
- Medical care during the week
- Muskathlon shirt or jersey
- Food and drinks during the Muskathlon Event
- Medical care and coaching for the Event
- Your Muskathlon adventure starts at Saturday, October 6 and ends at October 13, 2018.
- You will need to book your own flight to and from Amman, making sure you are on time for the start of the week. It is not possible to leave early. Please check your potential flight times with 4M before actually booking your flight in order to make sure to be present from the start of the Muskathlon week until the end of the week.
- If by some reason out of the sphere of influence of 4M the airlines do not offer tickets at the given dates for the majority of the group, the dates and/or times of the Muskathlon can be changed by one day.
- This Muskathlon is open for men and women.
- At this Muskathlon you can participate in running (21, 42 or 63 km), walking (63 km) or cycling (120 km).
- Costs for transportation of your bike are not included in the Muskathlon-fee.
- The Muskathlon program will be held in Dutch and English.
- Every Muskathlete commits to raise 10.000 euros for the work of Open Doors.
- When you register you receive a personal profile at www.muskathlon.com, you can raise your funds through the website.
- At registration you pay 100 euros.