Project cost | €1250,- excluding airline tickets
More than 35 million slaves are more than 35 million too much - I am fighting against injustice!More stories...
Come to Uganda in 2017 and join hundreds of runners, cyclists and trekkers who long to see an end to the injustice that children face around the world. In partnership with our friends at Compassion, we have created a new and unique trip, combining a strenuous physical challenge with the exciting chance to witness Compassion’s work first-hand.
To inspire you along the way, you’ll meet children at Compassion projects and be invited into the homes of local families. This Muskathlon journey into the heart of East Africa will be an unforgettable one.
We know that extreme poverty can be eradicated, but we can’t do this alone; we need your help. Presently, four hundred million children still live in extreme poverty around the world and we must do something about it.
The Muskathlon is an ultimate endurance event at an extreme location, in order to raise maximum funds to fight injustice. The Uganda Muskathlon will take place May 12-19 2017, out of Entebbe Intl, Kampala, Uganda. 4M organises this Muskathlon in partnership with Compassion, liberating children out of poverty, in Jesus’ name.
The story behind the Uganda MuskathlonThe Muskathlon will take place in the north of Uganda, in the region that has been battered so badly by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) of Joseph Kony. Until today the people live with the trauma and scars they got through this war. Many children were abducted, many women raped, many men killed. For large parts of the north of Uganda this war brought the region back to extreme poverty, with little hope to break this cycle.Compassion is running projects all over the north of Uganda, providing children an opportunity to break the cycle of despair and poverty.
The track leads partly over dirt roads through the hilly terrain and partly over main roads. The Muskathlon will be held in the north of Uganda.
The Muskathlon-weekDuring the Muskathlon-week you will be exposed to the raw reality of extreme poverty and the still exisiting scars and trauma of the LRA war by Joseph Kony. You will probably hear testimonies from former child-soldiers as well as victims of the violence that took place during the war. As always, children are the first and foremost victims when poverty is at hand. Compassion does a wonderful job in liberating children out of poverty, in Jesus’ name. When children receive education, health care and nutricious food, their chances for breaking the poverty cycle increase dramatically. Apart from that they learn about Jesus Christ. Many children are being saved through the work of Compassion.
The weekprogram will look like the following (adjustments can be made)
Friday: arrival, teammeeting, inspirational session
Saturday: visit Compassion project, first training, teamtime
Sunday: visit local church and slum, local testimonies, teamtime
Monday: travel day to the north, visit Compassion project, inspirational session, teamtime, training
Tuesday: funday full of sports and adventure with local children, training session, inspirational session, teamtime
Wednesday: rest and preparation for Muskathlon, teamtime
Thursday: Muskathlon-Event and celebration
Friday: closing inspirational session, travel day and departure
The costs of the Uganda Muskathlon are 1.250 euro, not including airfare to and from Kampala, Uganda
This fee includes:
- Info-sessions (in Norway, Germany, UK, Suisse, Belgium and the Netherlands)
- Coaching in raising funds and training for your Muskathlon
- Hotelaccomodations, logistics and food during the Muskathlon-week
- Inspirational sessions for personal development
- Exposure to the work of Compassion
- Cultural visits during the Muskathlon-week
- Medical care during the week
- Muskathlonshirt or -jersey
- Food and drinks during the Muskathlon-Event
- Medical care and coaching for the Event
The Muskathlon-fee does not include:
- Meeting your personal sponsorchild by Compassion. This is to be arranged through Compassion.
- Transportation of your bike to and from Uganda
- Your Muskathlon-adventure starts Friday, May 12, 8 pm at Entebbe airport, Kampala.
- Your Muskathlon-adventure ends Friday, May 19, 6 pm at Entebbe airport, Kampala.
- You need to book your own flight to and from Entebbe, Kampala, making sure you are on time for the start of the week. It is not possible to leave early. The first flight out of Kampala can be booked from 10 pm, May 19th.
- If by some reason out of the sphere of influence of 4M the airlines do not offer tickets at the given dates for the majority of the group, the dates and/or times of the Muskathlon can be changed by one day.
- This Muskathlon is open for men and women.
- At this Muskathlon you can participate in running (21, 42 or 60 km), cycling (120 km) or walking (60 km).
- The Muskathlon-program will be held in Dutch and English.
- Every Muskathlete commits to raise 10.000 euros for the work of Compassion.
- Every childsponsor that is found, counts for 1.000 euros at your personal fundraisemeter.
- When you register you receive a personal profile at www.muskathlon.com, you can raise your funds through the website.
- At registration you pay 100 euro.
- 6% of all funds raised is used to cover operational costs for the Muskathlon.