Choose your challenge |
- Half marathon (21 km/13 miles)
- Full marathon (42 km/26 miles)
- Ultra marathon (60 km/40 miles)
- Ultra walk (60 km/40 miles)
- Mountainbiking (120 km/75 miles)
Fundraising target | € 10.000 to support the work of Compassion.
Project cost | € 1.450,- excluding airline tickets.
Language | This international Muskathlon is organised by 4M Netherlands in cooperation with Compassion Netherlands. There will be English translation for all international pariticipants.
Deadline sign up | May 31, 2018.
"A unique experience!"More stories...
In 2018, we will visit Asia for the second time! Indonesia is a beautiful country, with thousands of islands and a rich cultural history. Still, a large part of the population live in extreme poverty. Especially children are vulnerable for the terrible effects. For them, we run, bike and walk this Muskathlon! During your trip you will be confronted with poverty, meet the hospitable people and visit Compassion projects.
The Muskathlon is an ultimate endurance event at an extreme location, in order to raise maximum funds to fight injustice. The Indonesia Muskathlon will take place October 6 until October 14, 2018, out of Bali, Indonesia. From Bali we will fly to Sumba, an island of extreme poverty and rarely visited by anyone. 4M organises this Muskathlon in partnership with Compassion, liberating children out of poverty, in Jesus’ name.
The story behind the Indonesia Muskathlon
The Muskathlon will take place at Sumba, a forgotten island, next to the poorest island of Indonesia, Timor. Sumba is hardly ever visited by anyone. The people of Sumba have to manage on their own and are still very much dependant upon their knowledge of nature in order to survive. Compassion has a project on Sumba, leading the children of these poor, forgotten people out of the cycle of poverty. You will get to experience a unique side of Indonesia, witness the consequences of serious poverty, but also see how the church makes a real difference for people in great need.
The terrain in mountainous. The track leads partly over dirt roads through the mountainous terrain and partly over main roads. The Muskathlon will be held in the Sumba region.
The Muskathlon week
During the Muskathlon week you will be exposed to the raw reality of extreme poverty. We may know Indonesia for it’s lush beached and luxurious holidays, but for a large part of the population daily life is a struggle to survive. As always, children are the first and foremost victims when poverty is at hand. Compassion does a wonderful job in liberating children out of poverty, in Jesus’ name. When children receive education, health care and nutricious food, their chances for breaking the poverty cycle increase dramatically. Apart from that they learn about Jesus Christ. Many children are being saved through the work of Compassion.
A typical Muskathlon week will look like the following: (adjustments can be made)
- Saturday: arrival, team meeting, inspirational session
- Sunday: visit a church service in a slum, meet local children, first training, inspirational session, team time
- Monday: travel day to Sumba, inspirational session, team time
- Tuesday: visit a Compassion project, get to know the local situation, inspirational session, team time
- Wednesday: funday full of sports and adventure with local children, training session, inspirational session, teamtime
- Thursday: day of rest, inspirational session, team time
- Friday: Muskathlon Event and celebration
- Saturday: closing inspirational session and departure from Sumba to Bali
- Sunday: travel day
The costs of the Indonesia Muskathlon will cost €1450,-, excluding airline tickets.
The fee includes:
- Info sessions (in Australia, Norway, Germany, UK, Suisse, Belgium and the Netherlands).
- Coaching in raising funds and training for your Muskathlon.
- Hotelaccomodations, logistics and food during the Muskathlon-week
- Transfers and flight to Sumba
- Inspirational sessions for personal development
- Exposure to the work of Compassion
- Medical care during the week
- Training sessions
- Muskathlonshirt or jersey
- Food and drinks during the Muskathlon Event
- Medical care and coaching for the Event
The Muskathlon fee does not include:
- Meeting your personal sponsorchild by Compassion. This is to be arranged through Compassion.
- Transportation of your bike to and from Indonesia.
- Your Muskathlon adventure starts Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Bali airport. Your Muskathlon adventure ends Sunday, October 14, 2018 at Bali airport. The Dutch group will already leave the Netherlands on October 4, 2018 and arrive in the Netherlands on Monday, October 15, 2018.
- You need to book your own flight to and from Bali, Indonesia. Please check your flight times with 4M before actually booking your flight in order to make sure to be present from the start of the Muskathlon week until the end of the week. It is not possible to leave early.
- If by some reason out of the sphere of influence of 4M the airlines do not offer tickets at the given dates for the majority of the group, the dates and/or times of the Muskathlon can be changed by one day.
- Every Compassion child sponsor that is found, counts for 1.000 euros of your total fundraising target.
- When you register you receive a personal profile at www.muskathlon.com, you can raise your funds through the website.
- At registration you pay 100 euros.