Choose your challenge |
- Half marathon (21 km/13 miles)
- Full marathon (42 km/26 miles)
- Ultra marathon (60 km/40 miles)
- Ultra walk (60 km/40 miles)
- Mountainbiking (120 km/75 miles)
Fundraising target | € 10.000 to support the work of Compassion.
Project cost | € 1.350,- excluding airline tickets.
Taking into account the costs of extending your passport, your visa, a sports medical examination and vaccinations. Additional costs for the transport of a bicycle applicable to cyclists.
Language | This international Muskathlon is organised by 4M Netherlands in cooperation with Compassion Netherlands. There will be English translation for all international pariticipants.
Deadline sign up | 17 December 2018
"A unique experience!"More stories...
Uganda holds a special place in the life of the Muskathlon, as it was the first country to host the Muskathlon. Uganda still has a large number of people living in extreme poverty, but the fight against extreme poverty requires time and tenacity. For this reason, we will be returning to Uganda in 2019 to continue the fight.
Are you ready to take on the challenge? During your time in Uganda you’ll have the opportunity to see the work of Compassion first hand and to meet some of the children and families.
The Muskathlon Week
During the Muskathlon Week you will be exposed to the reality of extreme poverty.
Uganda is one of the poorest nations in the world. Despite making enormous progress in reducing the countrywide poverty remains deep-rooted in the country's rural areas, which are home to 84 percent of Ugandans. As always, children are the most vulnerable in these situations. Compassion have been working in Uganda since 1980 partnering with local churches to ensure children have access to the basic services and they have the opportunity to develop and grow up. There are currently 359 projects in Uganda where with over 98,626 children participating in the program.
For more information about Uganda, visit this page (https://www.compassion.com/about/where/uganda.htm) at compassion.com
The week-long program is as follow (please note this is not final and adjustments can still be made):
• Friday: Travel day, departure from Airport and evening arrival at Botanical Gardens hotel in Entebbe, Uganda
• Saturday: Welcome dedication and worship, visit a Kampala slum and home visits. Light training in the hotel’s beautiful gardens and team time.
• Sunday: Departure to Fort Portal and halfway through the trip we stop to worship at a local church. We will briefly catch up with the locals in a nearby school and after that we will travel to Fort Portal, devotion and team time
• Monday: Visit a Compassion project where you will get to meet the local children and have lunch at the project. After dinner devotion and team time
• Tuesday: Is an unforgettable morning full of sports and adventure and an opportunity to spend time with your own sponsor child. In the afternoon we will explore the Muskathlon route and do some light training on a section of the course. After dinner there will be an inspiring session with team time
• Wednesday: Rest day where we will get to visit the breathtaking Semulika National Park followed by time
• Thursday: Muskathlon day and celebration
• Friday: departure to Entebbe in the morning and halfway we will stop at a beautiful location where we will share final testimonies and stories from our trip. In the evening we will board our flights to return home.
The following costs are included in your fees:
- Hotel accommodations, transport and food during the Muskathlon Week
- Inspiring sessions for personal development
- Compassion project visits
- Medical care during the week
- Sport training during the week
- Muskathlon shirt
- Food and drinks during the Muskathlon day
- Medical care and support on the Muskathlon day.
The following are NOT included:
- Meeting with your current sponsor child via Compassion, if there are extra costs involved. Organization is through Compassion.
- Declaration on Behavior (VOG) that is mandatory for participation in this Compassion Muskathlon.
- Possible transportation of mountain bike to and from Uganda
- Possible visa costs
- Any costs associated in obtaining a Police Check or Working With Children
- Any extra costs for your passport, medical examination, vaccinations, etc.
- International flights to Uganda
• This Muskathlon adventure begins on Friday, May 17, 2019 and ends on Saturday, May 25, 2019. It is not possible to join the group later or leave the group during the Muskathlon trip. Please note that these dates include travel days.
• If for any reason outside the influence of 4M and Compassion the airlines cannot offer tickets on the specified dates for the majority of the group, the start and / or end date of the Muskathlon will be adjusted. This will of course be communicated in good time.
• When registering, you must pay an initial deposit of € 100. After receiving your payment your personal Muskathlon profile will be recorded